Building a Healthier King County: A Forum at the Intersection of Community Development, Health and Human Services
Tuesday, December 3, 2013
Seattle Airport Marriott
3201 South 176th Street
Seatac, WA 98188
8:30 am - 3:00 pm
8:30 am Continental Breakfast
9:00 am Program
Continental Breakfast and Lunch will be provided.
Innovators from across the fields of community development, housing, health care, public health, human services, philanthropy, and government are invited to gather on December 3, 2013 to explore how we can collaborate to help King County’s neighborhoods and communities thrive and reach their full potential. Health and well-being start, and are sustained, in the places where residents live, learn, work, and play.
At the conference, participants will:
- Build an understanding of how different sectors approach the development of vibrant communities and work together to cultivate a shared framework.
- Follow the money to gain an understanding of the financial building blocks used by the community development, health, and human service sectors, and ways they can join forces.
- Generate innovation together by discussing existing and emerging local projects that are working – or want to work – “in the intersection” to co-produce places that support health, well-being, and recovery.
- Activate to mobilize this intersection and put our region squarely in front end of a new national movement to build healthy, prosperous places.
We’ll end our workshop with a plan for concrete next steps among those who want to translate our collective skills and assets into a more vibrant King County. This is a step forward in carrying out a new health and human services Transformation Plan for the King County region.
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
Public Health - Seattle King County
- King County
- Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco