Yolo Regional Affordable Housing Forum
Wednesday, August 6, 2014
New Harmony Mutual Housing Community Meeting Room
3030 Cowell Blvd.
Davis, CA 95618
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Advanced registration is required.
Lunch will be provided. There is no charge to attend.
Leilani Barnett, Regional Manager, Community Development
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
This forum will highlight the importance of neighborhood conditions in improving health outcomes and focus on how affordable housing is one of the foundations to healthy communities. Systems change efforts in housing policy involve cross community coordination amongst community leaders from government, business, health care, public health, education, labor and faith based organizations. Community development, small business and health sectors will be invited to discuss affordable housing issues related to improving health outcomes throughout the Greater Yolo region by increasing awareness of why integrating decent, safe, accessible, healthy, affordable housing will help localities meet their healthy communities’ goals. This forum will build participant’s capacity by creating opportunities for cross-sector knowledge sharing and develop skills needed to increase the development of affordable homes to lower income residents.
Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Don Saylor, Yolo County Supervisor
- Andrea Papanastassiou, Northern California Community Loan Fund – Affordable Housing Finance
- Rich Gross, Enterprise Community Partners- Latest trends and new opportunities for healthy communities funding
- Cathy Creswell, Former Director of CA Dept. of Housing and Community Development (HCD)– policies that promote the development of affordable housing
- Dr. Jonathon London, Center for Regional Change, UC Davis – Regional Opportunity Index, Free Interactive Data Mapping Tool
- Rachel Iskow, Mutual Housing California – New Harmony, Davis Case Study
- Shamus Roller, Housing California
- Leilani Barnett, Federal Reserve Bank – Housing Needs in the Region and Healthy Community Opportunities
- Darryl Rutherford, Sacramento Housing Alliance- Opportunities for Collaboration
- Lisa Baker, Executive Director, Yolo Housing Authority
- Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
- Sacramento Housing Alliance