Greater Sacramento Healthy Communities Summit: Healthy People. Healthy Places. Healthy Economy
Monday, September 29, 2014
Sheraton Grand Sacramento
1230 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
$45 registration fee
Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Leilani Barnett, Regional Manager, Community Development
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
What matters most when it comes to producing good health? Research shows that socioeconomic and environmental factors account for about half of what determines our health outcomes. These factors include not only income and education, but the characteristics of the neighborhoods in which we live—such as access to quality affordable housing, grocery stores that carry fresh produce, safe places to exercise, and good schools and jobs.
The Greater Sacramento Healthy Communities Summit will feature thought leaders from throughout the Sacramento region and practitioners drawing the connection between the built environment and the health and vitality of community residents. The one day summit provides collaboration around shared cross-sector goals that demonstrate the connection between healthy people, healthy places, and a healthy economy. Join the discussion centered around regional opportunities with socially motivated investments, community design and planning, livable wage jobs, the influence of policy, and healthcare access and services.
Each year the US spends $2.7 trillion on medical care, and the recent changes in healthcare require a fresh look at innovative ways to leverage that capital. Join the cross-sector collaboration of business leaders, financial institutions, government and elected officials, economic and community development practitioners, planning and health professionals, real estate developers, community-based organizations, and affordable housing developers.
- Learn how health systems, social systems and innovative solutions are improving health in low-income communities.
- Meet entrepreneurs and policymakers working at the intersection of finance and health.
- Hear from organizations whose investments are generating economic gains and improvements in health and well-being.
- Join us for this cross-sector view into what creates health in our society and where new market opportunities exist.
A few of the confirmed speakers for this event include:
- Mayor Kevin Johnson, City of Sacramento
- Dr. Sandra Hernandez, President and CEO, California HealthCare Foundation
- Dr. David Erickson, Director, Center for Community Development Investments, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
- Chet Hewitt, President and CEO, Sierra Health Foundation
- Dr. Anthony Iton, Senior Vice President for Healthy Communities, The California Endowment
- Mike McKeever, CEO, Sacramento Area Council Of Governments (SACOG)
- Jahmal Miller, Deputy Director, California Department of Public Health Office of Health Equity
- Scott Syphax, President and CEO, The Nehemiah Companies
- Sergio Palleroni, Director, Center for Public Interest Design, Portland State University
- Dr. Olivia Kasirye, Public Health Officer, Sacramento County
- Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
- Sierra Health Foundation
- California Department of Public Health, Office of Health Equity
- California Department of Housing and Community Development
- Sacramento Housing Alliance
- California Endowment