Call for Papers
The 17th Annual Conference on Computing in Economics and Finance (CEF 2011) will take place at the Hilton Financial District in San Francisco, California from Wednesday, June 29 through Friday, July 1, 2011. The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is a sponsor of the conference. The program will cover all areas dealing with the computational aspects (broadly defined) of economics, finance, and decision making. You are invited to submit a paper.
To submit a paper, you must select a topic area from list below which best describes the subject of your paper. Joint-authored papers should be submitted by the author who is planning to present the paper, and presenters will be limited to one paper each.
Main topic areas
- Agent-based modeling
- Artifical/experimental markets
- Asset pricing and computational finance
- Dynamic games
- DSGE/business cycle modeling
- Economic dynamics development and growth
- Finance and financial crises
- Fiscal policy
- Heterogeneous-agent modeling
- Inflation dynamics
- Learning and evolutionary economics
- Macro Theory
- Market structure
- Monetary policy
- Monte Carlo methods
- Open-economy macro and international trade
- Optimal and robust control
- Optimization and solution methods
- Search and labor markets
- Time series econometrics and analysis
- Volatility modeling
Completed manuscripts or extended abstracts can be submitted electronically via Conference Maker.
- Submissions must be received on or before February 22, 2011.
- Authors of accepted papers will be notified by March 15, 2011.
- Registration for accepted papers must be completed and paid by May 1, 2011.
- Final papers should be uploaded to Conference Maker by May 15, 2011.
Hilton San Francisco in Financial District
750 Kearny Street
San Francisco, CA 94108
Location: Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
Date: June 28, 2011
First Workshop: Computational Macroeconomics, Michel Juillard, Banque de France and CEPREMAP
Second Workshop: Software Carpentry, Dr, Gregory V. Wilson
The SCE sponsors cash prizes for the best graduate student paper presented at the Conference. Details for eligibility and submission will be posted on the conference website.
Details concerning the conference, including instructions for registration and hotel reservation, etc., will be posted on the conference website as it becomes available. Please visit the website for updated information, or direct your questions via email.