The Fed Gallery: Your Central Bank in Focus is a permanent installation at our Los Angeles Branch that uses internactive technology and vivid graphics to highlight the Federal Reserve’s role in the United States economy. Various displays focus on cash and check operations, bank supervision, and monetary policy. The gallery includes a pachinko-style game in which the participant rates the safety and soundness of a particular financial institution, a money wheel that asks visitors to identify counterfeit notes, and a currency display featuring historic and rare notes.
To request a tour, please email the Economic Education Department and provide the following information:
- Contact Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Tour Group Name
- Grade level of school group (if applicable)
- Total # of attendees (Note: minimum 15; maximum 30 per tour)
- Preferred tour date(s)
- Preferred tour time (either 10:00 am or 1:00 pm)
What you should know about the tour:
- Tours and personal finance training are FREE of charge.
- Tour availability is prioritized based upon the following groups: educators, high school and college students, and the business community. Tours are available to groups with a minimum of 15 persons and a maximum of 30. Unfortunately, individuals and/or groups of less than 15 may not join existing tour groups.
- Group tours are available by appointment, Monday through Thursday, at 10:00 am and 1:00 pm.
- Tours last approximately 90 minutes and the personal finance training lasts approximately 45 minutes.
- A list of tour participants must be submitted two weeks prior to your visit.
- No walk-ins or add-ons will be accommodated.
- Exhibit content is targeted at high school audiences and above.
- Due to heightened security requirements, we may close to the public at any time. No cameras or camera phones are allowed in our facilities; photo identification is required. We have security checks similar to those at airports.
- Groups requesting more than two tour reservations per month must obtain prior approval from the tour coordinator.