The Fed Center: Exploring our Nation’s Central Bank—a permanent installation at the San Francisco Fed—designed to teach the public about the functions of the U.S. central bank through a series of guided hands-on and visually engaging experiences. Whimsical and thought-provoking elements in the exhibit include giant iconic representations of financial concepts, such as a free-floating sphere, a suspended safe, and a 14-foot tilting chair. The Fed Center also features one of the most comprehensive collections of U.S. currency in the country. Schedule your group tour now!
What you should know about the tour:
- Tours and personal finance training are FREE of charge.
- Priority is given to high school and college economics classes.
- Tours are available to groups with a minimum of 15 persons and a maximum of 30.
- Group tours are available by appointment, Monday through Thursday, at 9:30 am and 1:30 pm.
- Tours last approximately 90 minutes and the personal finance training lasts approximately 45 minutes.
- A list of tour participants must be submitted two weeks prior to your visit.
- No walk-ins or add-ons will be accommodated.
- Exhibit content is targeted at high school audiences and above.
- Due to heightened security requirements, we may close to the public at any time. No cameras or cell phones are allowed on any tours; photo identification is required. We have security checks similar to those at airports.
- Groups requesting more than two tour reservations per year must obtain prior approval from the tour coordinator.