The Fed Center: Exploring our Nation’s Central Bank—a permanent installation at the San Francisco Fed—designed to teach the public about the functions of the U.S. central bank through a series of guided hands-on and visually engaging experiences. Whimsical and thought-provoking elements in the exhibit include giant iconic representations of financial concepts, such as a free-floating sphere, a suspended safe, and a 14-foot tilting chair. The Fed Center also features one of the most comprehensive collections of U.S. currency in the country. Schedule your group tour now!
Note: A tour coordinator will contact you within 5 business days to confirm your registration request.
What you should know about the tour:
- Tours and personal finance training are FREE of charge.
- Tour availability is prioritized based upon the following groups: educators, high school and college students, and the business community. Tours are available to groups with a minimum of 10 persons and a maximum of 30. Unfortunately, individuals and/or groups of less than 10 may not join existing tour groups.
- Group tours are available by appointment, Monday through Thursday, at 9:30 AM and 1:30 PM.
- Tours last approximately 90 minutes and the personal finance training lasts approximately 45 minutes.
- A list of tour participants must be submitted two weeks prior to your visit.
- No walk-ins or add-ons will be accommodated.
- Exhibit content is targeted at high school audiences and above.
- Due to heightened security requirements, we may close to the public at any time. No cameras or camera phones are allowed in our facilities; photo identification is required. We have security checks similar to those at airports.
- Groups requesting more than two tour reservations per month must obtain prior approval from the tour coordinator.