The Fed Center: Exploring our Nation’s Central Bank—a permanent installation at the San Francisco Fed—designed to teach the public about the functions of the U.S. central bank through a series of guided hands-on and visually engaging experiences. Whimsical and thought-provoking elements in the exhibit include giant iconic representations of financial concepts, such as a free-floating sphere, a suspended safe, and a 14-foot tilting chair. The Fed Center also features one of the most comprehensive collections of U.S. currency in the country. Schedule your group tour now!
To request a tour, please email the Economic Education Department and provide the following information:
- Contact Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Tour Group Name
- Grade level of school group (if applicable)
- Total # of attendees (Note: minimum 15; maximum 30 per tour)
- Preferred tour date(s)
- Preferred tour time (either 9:30 am or 1:30 pm)
What you should know about the tour:
- Tours and personal finance training are FREE of charge.
- Tour availability is prioritized based upon the following groups: educators, high school and college students, and the business community. Tours are available to groups with a minimum of 15 persons and a maximum of 30. Unfortunately, individuals and/or groups of less than 15 may not join existing tour groups.
- Group tours are available by appointment, Monday through Thursday, at 9:30 am and 1:30 pm.
- Tours last approximately 90 minutes and the personal finance training lasts approximately 45 minutes.
- A list of tour participants must be submitted two weeks prior to your visit.
- No walk-ins or add-ons will be accommodated.
- Exhibit content is targeted at high school audiences and above.
- Due to heightened security requirements, we may close to the public at any time. No cameras or camera phones are allowed in our facilities; photo identification is required. We have security checks similar to those at airports.
- Groups requesting more than two tour reservations per month must obtain prior approval from the tour coordinator.