2019, a Year in Numbers
What a year! We opened our doors. We listened. We connected and became more engaged, always representing the communities we serve, embracing differences, and living our mission to work in the public’s interest. Because you are the heart of everything we do.
A few highlights that stood out for us in 2019:
- Twelfth District cash operations processed more than 33 billion Federal Reserve notes to ensure cash circulating within our district is in good shape and available when you need it.
- 48 research papers reflected what the data are telling us about issues affecting the economy.
- President Mary C. Daly, our senior leaders, economists, and subject matter experts shared their perspectives through 199 speaking engagements.
- More than 80,000 event participants came together to discuss, debate, and learn, helping to elevate ideas that can shape better outcomes. Thank you for attending our livestreams and in person.
- We welcomed 12,700 visitors. Request a tour if you’d like to visit. We’d love to see you in 2020.
- We went into our communities and listened, finding new ways to share what we heard, like our Zip Code Economies podcast with more than 125,000 downloads. Thank you for listening. Season 2 will be coming your way next year.
- We continued to build a work culture recognized for inclusivity. That includes a perfect 100% score on Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index as a great place to work for LGBTQ employees and their allies.
We’re only just getting started.
More to come in 2020.
You may also like:
- 2019 Engage, Enable, Excel Award Honorees
- Celebrating First Generation College Students
- SF Fed Recognized as a Best Company for Working Parents
- San Francisco Fed Named One of the Bay Area’s Best for Supplier Diversity
- San Francisco Fed Joins CEPR Global Research Network
The views expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of the management of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco or of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.