President and Chief Executive Officer Mary C. Daly’s Schedule
Congress created the Federal Reserve System with the intent that it have a broad perspective on economic and financial conditions in all parts of the nation. The System is composed of a central, governmental agency—the Board of Governors—in Washington, D.C., and 12 regional Federal Reserve Banks, located in major cities across the nation.
The president and chief executive officer of the Federal Reserve’s Twelfth District, which encompasses the nine western states (including Alaska and Hawaii), has a broad range of responsibilities. As the CEO of the Bank and a member of the policy making Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC), it is incumbent upon the president to meet with a wide range of business and community leaders, in a variety of sectors, to receive input on the economy. This grassroots input informs the president’s contribution to the monetary policy making process, including an assessment of the state of the economy throughout the Twelfth District. In addition to gaining valuable perspectives on economic conditions from interactions with many business, academic, banking, and community leaders, the president engages in speeches, media interviews, and other meetings. The calendar is a reflection of the diversity of this work.
A monthly list of President Mary Daly’s public appearances, meetings with parties external to the Federal Reserve System, and Board of Directors and committee meetings is published below. Her public engagements foster awareness of the broad segments of the community with whom she interacts to meet her various responsibilities.
- Meeting of the Community Depository Institutions Advisory Council, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (FRBSF)
- Meeting with Peg McAllister, Senior Vice President, Lee Hecht Harrison, San Francisco, CA
- Remarks at the Preuss School, La Jolla, CA
- Remarks at the FRBSF San Diego Business and Community Leaders Luncheon, San Diego, CA
- Meeting of the FRBSF Board of Directors and the Los Angeles Branch Board of Directors, San Diego, CA
- Meeting with Representative Juan Vargas (D-CA-51), Chula Vista, CA
- Speech to the Los Angeles World Affairs Council & Town Hall on “Beyond Fairness: The Value of an Inclusive Economy,” media availability after speech, Los Angeles, CA
- Meeting of the Economic Advisory Council, FRBSF
- Meeting of the FRBSF Board of Directors, FRBSF
- Attend Federal Open Market Committee Meeting, Washington, DC
- Meeting with members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, Washington, DC
- Meeting with Senator Brian Schatz (D-HI), Washington, DC
- Meeting with Representative Katie Porter (D-CA-45), Washington, DC
- Meeting with Senator John Tester (D-MT), Washington, DC
- Meeting with Senator Catherine Cortez Masto (D-NV), Washington, DC
- Meeting with Senator Mike Lee (R-UT), Washington, DC