President and Chief Executive Officer Mary C. Daly’s Schedule
Congress created the Federal Reserve System with the intent that it have a broad perspective on economic and financial conditions in all parts of the nation. The System is composed of a central, governmental agency—the Board of Governors—in Washington, D.C., and 12 regional Federal Reserve Banks, located in major cities across the nation.
The president and chief executive officer of the Federal Reserve’s Twelfth District, which encompasses the nine western states (including Alaska and Hawaii), has a broad range of responsibilities. As the CEO of the Bank and a member of the policy making Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC), it is incumbent upon the president to meet with a wide range of business and community leaders, in a variety of sectors, to receive input on the economy. This grassroots input informs the president’s contribution to the monetary policy making process, including an assessment of the state of the economy throughout the Twelfth District. In addition to gaining valuable perspectives on economic conditions from interactions with many business, academic, banking, and community leaders, the president engages in speeches, media interviews, and other meetings. The calendar is a reflection of the diversity of this work.
A monthly list of President Mary Daly’s public appearances, meetings with parties external to the Federal Reserve System, and Board of Directors and committee meetings is published below. Her public engagements foster awareness of the broad segments of the community with whom she interacts to meet her various responsibilities.
- Meeting of the Community Advisory Council, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (FRBSF)
- Meeting of the FRBSF and Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago Boards of Directors, FRBSF
- Attend Federal Open Market Committee Meeting, Washington, DC
- Meeting with Representative Denny Heck (D-WA-10), Washington, DC
- Meeting with Representative Ben McAdams (D-UT-10), Washington, DC
- Meeting with Jim Herbert, member of the Federal Advisory Council, FRBSF
- Remarks at the FRBSF Salem Community Leaders Luncheon, Salem, OR
- Remarks at Fed Listens, FRBSF
- Interview with Brendan Greeley, Financial Times