Lesson Plan: What is the importance of developing job skills?
This lesson introduces students to the connection between education attainment and earning potential. Students will participate in a classroom activity where they develop a budget according to a given scenario. Additionally, students will actively read and discuss a Dr. Econ Question: What is the importance of developing job skills?
- Identify the relationship between education and income level.
- Develop a budget.
- Identify the relationship between risk and rate of return.
Estimated Time Required:
- One 50-minute class period
- Handout #1: Student Budget Board, one per student
- Handout #2: Budget Card, one budget card per student
- Handout #3: Discussion questions, one per student
- Visual #1: Team Budget
- Calculator, one per student
- 3×5 cards or a blank sheet of paper, one per student