Monday, April 13, 2015
401 North Riverpoint Blvd
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
Join one of these workshops to learn how you can develop an effective homeownership center on your reservation, and increase access to mortgages to tribal members.
Tribal housing staff, council members, credit department staff, and other tribal staff, housing counselors, asset building organizations, lenders and other representatives of both tribal and non-tribal government agencies.
These workshops will assist tribes with increasing homeownership rates in tribal communities, particularly on trust and allotted lands. The workshops are designed to address common challenges to homeownership on reservations, including:
- Systemic barriers to homeownership
- Lack of tribal member’s access to the Veteran Administration’s Native American Direct Loan program (NADL) and HUD’s Section 184 Indian Housing Loan Guarantee Program
- Lack of comprehensive yet easy to understand individual guide designed for potential homeowners for reservations
- Need for new, or enhancement to current, homeownership resources on reservations
- Breakdowns in communication between tribes and government agencies, and financial institutions that assist tribes