Sandra R. Hernández
San Francisco, CA – Sandra R. Hernández, M.D., chief executive officer, The San Francisco Foundation, has joined the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco’s Economic Advisory Council for a three-year term ending December 31, 2013.
Economic Advisory Council members provide information on current and pending developments in the regional and national economies. As a member of the Economic Advisory Council, Dr. Hernández will provide insights on the Bay Area’s nonprofit sector and offer observations on the well-being of local communities in the District.
The San Francisco Foundation is the community foundation serving the Bay Area since 1948, granting out more than $800 million over the past ten years. The Foundation brings together donors and builds on community assets to promote social justice throughout the Bay Area.
Prior to becoming CEO of the Foundation, Dr. Hernández was the director of public health for the City and County of San Francisco. She is an assistant clinical professor at University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) School of Medicine, and she maintains an active clinical practice at San Francisco General Hospital in the AIDS clinic.
Dr. Hernández serves on the boards of Blue Shield of California, the Blue Shield of California Foundation, First Republic Bank, and The Bay Citizen. She is also a trustee of the Western Asbestos Settlement Trust and serves on the Public Policy Institute of California Statewide Leadership Council, the Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Public Policy Committee, the UCSF Chancellor’s Advisory Board, and the UCSF Clinical and Translational Science Institute Advisory Board.
The balance of the San Francisco Fed’s Economic Advisory Council includes:
- Mary F. Kaiser (chairman), president, California Community Reinvestment Corporation, Glendale, CA
- Alfred A. Plamann (vice chairman), president and CEO, Unified Grocers, Inc., Commerce, CA
- Richard C. Blum, chairman and founder, Blum Capital Partners, San Francisco, CA
- Jonathan Coslet, chief investment officer and senior partner, TPG Capital, L.P., San Francisco, CA
- Susan Desmond-Hellmann, chancellor, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- Tracey C. Doi, group vice president and CFO, Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc., Torrance, CA
- Kim Roberts Hedgpeth, national executive director, American Federation of Television and Radio Artists, Los Angeles, CA
- Rick R. Holley, president and CEO, Plum Creek Timber Co., Inc., Seattle, WA
- Cathy Luke, president, Loyalty Enterprises, Ltd., Honolulu, HI
- Roy A. Vallee, chairman of the board and CEO, Avnet, Inc., Phoenix, AZ
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (SF Fed) serves the public by promoting a healthy, sustainable economy, and supporting the nation’s financial and payment systems. With offices in Los Angeles, Seattle, Salt Lake City, Portland and Phoenix, the Bank serves the Twelfth Federal Reserve District, which includes one-fifth of the nation’s population and represents the world’s fourth-largest economy. As part of the nation’s central bank, the SF Fed informs monetary policy, regulates banks, administers certain consumer protection laws and acts as a financial partner to the U.S. government.