Meet Our New First Vice President Sarah Devany
We’re so excited that Sarah Devany has joined us as the San Francisco Fed’s first vice president and chief operating officer. Get to know her better with these fun facts.
- Grew up in Chicago, has been a Californian since 1983, and loves being outside year-round
- Has an elderly gentleman cat named Dusty
- Terrible at barre, but does it anyway
- Takes BART to work
- Majored in English at UC Berkeley
- Loves hiking with friends
- Aunt-in-law Betty Sommers worked for the SF Fed in the late 1940s, starting in Cash and ending in the Head Office
- Married 33 years with two kids who’ve left the nest
- Loved waiting tables while in school–breakfast was her favorite shift
- Worked in financial services since 1996, most recently as president of TIAA-Kaspick
- Voracious reader—favorite books from 2021 are American Estrangement, Red Island House, and Difficult Women
You may also be interested in:
The views expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of the management of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco or of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.