Lesson Plan: How does your level of education impact your earning potential?
This lesson introduces students to the connection between education attainment and earning potential. Students will participate in a classroom activity where they develop a budget according to a given scenario.
- Identify the relationship between education and income level.
- Develop a budget.
- Manage monthly expenses to maintain a balanced budget.
Estimated Time Required:
- One 50-minute class period
- Personal Finance presentation (fully scripted Speaker Notes)
- Handout #1: Student Budget Sheet, one per student
- Calculator, one per student
- Coin, one per student
The views expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of the management of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco or of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.