While the SF Fed is a Reserve Bank, we’re not what you might expect. We’re unreserved here. That means we seek new and diverse perspectives. We spark conversations and encourage debate. We build opportunity. We pursue careers that are true to ourselves, from economists and cash processors to bank supervisors and cloud engineers. When you join the SF Fed, you join a team of people working together to promote an inclusive economy that works for everyone. If that’s the kind of impact you’d like to make with your everyday work, find your next career opportunity here.
Subscribe to our newsletter to stay current on SF Fed careers, news, and more.
Where do you see yourself next?
Six locations. One Bank. Benefits that work for you.
- Balance your life and responsibilities outside of the office with our hybrid work model.
- Build the career path you’ve always wanted–whether you’re moving on up, paying off student loans, or learning a new skill.
- Be present for life when it happens through family care leave, pet care leave, and bereavement leave.
These are some of the reasons why Working Mothers recognizes us as a top employer for working parents.
Building inclusive opportunity
We are dedicated to building an economy that works for everyone and helping ensure all Americans have the opportunity to fully realize their potential.
- We serve the largest, most diverse Federal Reserve District in the nation, which spans the western U.S., from Alaska to Arizona to American Samoa. We listen and learn so we understand how our policy affects people’s lives and livelihoods.
- We reflect the people we serve by hiring talented individuals from diverse backgrounds. And we thrive on creating a culture of inclusion where people are respected for what they do and for who they are.
- We have 13 employee resource groups (ERGs), an Inclusion Alliance, and business working groups that focus on fostering greater inclusion and diversity and help the Bank go above and beyond the goals of the Office of Minority and Women Inclusion (OMWI).
Learn more about inclusion and diversity at the SF Fed
Internship opportunities at the SF Fed give college students a chance to experience work life in a vibrant, dynamic and collaborative environment.
See our internship and fellowship programs
College grads, join our Economic Research team.
We’re looking for exceptional college graduates to join the SF Fed’s Economic Research team as research associates.
Learn about our research associate program