Fed Listens 2021: Pandemic Recovery and the Role of Care Work
November 18, 2021
12:30 – 2:00 p.m. PT
Access to child care and other forms of care is critical to people’s ability to participate in the workforce. Too often, however, it is not available or affordable to match the need.
Join the San Francisco Fed on November 18 for a Fed Listens event focused on the role of care in supporting labor force participation and the economic recovery from COVID-19.
The program will feature SF Fed President Mary Daly, a research presentation on the labor market participation of parents during the pandemic, and a panel discussion with leaders from the public, private, and nonprofit sectors. Together, we will explore the challenges and opportunities for strengthening the provision of care work in support of an inclusive economic recovery.
Speakers and panelists
- Mary C. Daly, President and CEO, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
- Nicolas Petrosky-Nadeau, Vice President of Macroeconomic Research, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
- Laura Choi, Senior Vice President of Public Engagement and Office of the Secretary, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
- Cheryl Miller, Executive Director, Oregon Home Care Commission
- Michael Olenick, President and CEO, Child Care Resource Center
- April Sims, Secretary Treasurer, Washington State Labor Council, AFL-CIO
- Lilia Vergara, Director of Human Resources, Dr. Bronner’s